Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hand Knitted Teddies (Herberts) and Colourful Dog

I always love to knit toys. They use up scraps of left over wool and you get a result in no time. Whenever I need to find a special gift, I have great fun making a new friend for that special person.


I named these Teddies Harbert's. This one I knitted for my son. I made the clothes myself without a pattern. The over sized buttons I found in my sewing box The scarf was to keep him warm because he was made near Christmas. He was knitted in two tone brown wool with dark brown felt on his paws. His eyes ,nose and mouth were sewn on with dark thread. All his clothes are removable for washing. He was a welcomed friend in Santa's sack. I was very pleased at how cute he turned out.


This was the second Herbert I knitted. This one was for my daughter. It  was the same teddy pattern but I had fun designing my own clothes. She has a cute striped jumper which I embroidered a purple flower on. She has a elasticated skirt with a white trim which I have sewn pink sequins on to add a little bit of sparkle. The red and orange scarf  is to keep her warm.  Then for a finishing touch I put a ribbon on her ear.

I thought these teddies were so cute so I knitted one for myself.  You're never too old. Mine is knitted in the larger size pattern. He has a stripped purple jumper  with black dungaree's. With wooden toggle buttons (found in my sewing box again).To finish off I gave his dungarees a white patch.


The Teddie pattern I took out of Prima Christmas Makes 2011. I found this is a great mag with lots of clever ideas. I have enjoyed reading all the festive makes and loved all the Christmas decorations.This magazine I have kept so I can refer back to it time after time. Awaiting for 2012  magazine to arrive.


,
I always attach a tag to each present I make it reads ' Hand Made With Love, Please Take Care Of Me
'

Here are all three Herbert's Cuddling......


The next  toy I knitted was a colourful sausage dog. I changed the colours to ones I had. This I found very quick and easy to knit.

 
 
His such a cute dog. I love that each foot is a different stripe colour. He has very floppy ears. red on the outside blue on the inside.
 
 


I found this pattern in Women's Weekly (Living Series) Best Of...Our Knitted Toys Magazine 2011/2012. It has 39 great patterns, some are crochet too. I go back to this all the time it has some beautiful toy patterns in it.





I could not bear to give him away (Just look at that face). So he now lives on top of my piano in our snug room. 


No comments

Post a Comment