Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is one of my favourite cook books.  It is a very simple to use children's book which I have
used for my children over many years. It has all the basics you would use time over time.


Whenever I have  a spare 30 minutes it's time to bake these cookies. But be warned  they will not
stay around for long. Mine are eaten in the same day., and you will get requests every week to make these........

140g/5oz plain flour
1 egg
70g/2 1/2 ozs soft brown sugar
175g/6oz chocolate chips
115g/4oz butter
70g/2 1/2 ozs caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

(Above is the normal recipe but I now add 1 dessert spoon of Golden Syrup . It makes them softer
and a bit more chewy which we love.)


You mix the butter and all the sugar together until it goes creamy and light. Then add the egg a
little at a time. Next the vanilla and lastly sift the flour in and if you are like me add the golden
syrup and chocolate chips. You can do this all by hand in a bowl. But if you are lucky like me I
just chuck it all in my mixer.


Next grease some baking trays with your butter. If you use flat trays you put a tiny amount of
mixture down spaced well apart. Because the mixture really spreads out and they will join
together. If this happens do not worry wait until they are cooked and then just cut them apart.
But if you are like me and want even shapes and bite sizes just use a fairy cake tray instead.




Take out of the trays and leave to cool on a wire rack. Keep in a airtight container to store.
NOT THAT THEY WILL STAY AROUND FOR LONG.....

 
   Now put the kettle on and enjoy!

No comments

Post a Comment