Saturday, November 21, 2015

A DAY OF SHOPPING AT WHITE STUFF



Anyone who reads my blog will know that I am a big fan of Tavistock in Devon.
Because most of the shops are independent and there is a fab pannier market on each day.

Well I thought I would show you a new shop that has just opened .

White Stuff.

Those of you who already know this shop it has good quality clothing and accessories
for both men and women but the price matches the quality.....
I tend to only go clothes shopping when I need something ,so  When I do go I will not even look at the price, but look first at the item. Then decide if it is what I need and if it is well made.. I prefer to buy one nice jumper which will last me ages than buy four cheap ones that end up in the bin. I believe that in most cases you get what you pay for. And as my hubby says if I go into any shop and pick anything it is always the most expensive be it clothes or furniture.  I just call it good taste!


Here are a few pictures of the inside of the store.

It is very Vintage/Retro in design.





They have a retro seating area where you can help yourself to free tea or coffee.
and even biscuits. So I did. ( Had a picture of me with Archie and Blossom enjoying my coffee
but when I looked at it , I had my eyes shut!) So not putting it here.....

So instead you can see I was there because that is my shopping bag on the seat. Ha! Ha!

















I think people were a bit shy at first to sit down and help themselves, but
after I did I was joined by another lady who poured my coffee out. As I had a handful
holding Archie and Blossom. A really lovely idea I loved it. And something for free
nowadays unheard of.



They had lots of Vintage displays above the clothes rails. I tried to photo as many
as possible for you. But if was hard holding two dogs and taking pictures on my phone.










Love that wallpaper. It would go well in my farmhouse.


The toy soldiers reminded me of 'Toy Story'


                                                     Beautiful flowers just wonderful







                            I loved the displays in glass domes. (I need glass domes)








                                                   And did I purchase anything?



                                                   Well of course.


Some beautiful mustard mittens.




                                                                 And felt dogs





Being a mummy with lots of furbabies I just had to have these.
They are super cute, don't you agree.



Will be popping in again soon, even if it's only for a coffee and a browse.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun store! It would be so much fun to browse in there with you Rosezeeta. I love your mitts and the little felted puppies. The flowers are just beautiful. But I really like the shopping bags!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betsy we could browse then have a drink and a chat.Just perfect.
      Rosezeeta

      Delete
  2. What a GREAT place to visit. Love the little pups at the end there.
    That is so wonderful that they serve coffee like that. You are right-that doesn't happen often. It always amazes me that stores let you bring your pups in there. You are not allowed to take any animals in the stores here unless they are service dogs (for the blind-and/or-handicapped). Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all stores let me in. But because I have them in a doggie bag across me and that they are super cute, most people do not mind and are just amazed at how small they are and just want to pet them. Also Archie and Blossom are so used to being with me that they are really well behaved and mostly walk a little then sleep. Some shops have the only service help blind dogs sign. But we have been into shops where we did not realize they had food and no sign and been asked to leave. I think I get away with it because I mostly like independent shops and coffee shops who do not seem to mind. If I have my pups with me and can not go in a shop they just do not get my money.Diana. Obviously when I do my big food shop they stay at home.
      Whitestuff even had dog biscuits but my pups were too small to have them. Stayed in today really cold. Take care.
      Rosezeeta

      Delete
  3. It looks like a fun place to shop.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really interesting I will be going back Meredith.
      Rosezeeta x

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous shop, who could resist buying anything, the free tea and biscuits is a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes only two seats and you have to pour yourself out of a thermos but free! really great idea.
      Will make you stay longer and maybe buy.
      Rosezeeta

      Delete
  5. Those felt puppies are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are really well made, I could not resist. Janet.
      Rosezeeta x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing your fab pics with us.Love the store,LOVE the lil doggies sooo cute and your mitts too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lee. Will need the mitts soon so cold here at the moment.
    Rosezeeta x

    ReplyDelete